1. New Year Raffle Tickets: The tickets will be sold after masses in the back of the church or in the hall. The tickets will be drawn on Sunday February 10th, 2019 in St. Peter Hall.
2. Vietnamese New Year: We are going to celebrate the Vietnamese New Year on Sunday, February 10, 2019. The celebration will start with a community mass at 10:30 am (NO 9:00AM Mass), following by a traditional ceremony, lunch, entertainment, and raffle drawings in St. Peters Hall. Please save the date and come to celebrate with us on this very special day.
3. New Year Donations/Sponsors: We are currently looking for sponsors for our New Year Celebration. If you are interested, please call the office at 515-266-1160 for more information. Donations are also being accepted to help pay for the New Year celebration. Thank you.
4. Winter Weather: In the event of bad weather church service cancellations will be announced on our website at stpeterdesmoines.org and KCCI Channel 8 News.
5. East Side: Celebrate Valentine’s Day early on February 8th with a social and presentation from Dr. Sheryl Overmyer, Associate Professor of Catholic Studies at DePaul University, on how Charity Changes Everything: How Christian love takes shape in marriage and singleness. The event will be held at the Sherwood Forest Event Center, 7400 Hickman Road, Windsor Heights. Doors will open at 6:30 PM and the event starts at 7 PM. Drinks will be available with purchase. Parish childcare is available with RSVP. Contact Adam Storey at 515-237-5056 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register for childcare.
6. Registration is open to currently enrolled students at Holy Family School through January 29. All tuition and other school fees must be paid up-to-date in order for a registrations to be accepted. Power School Accounts must be updated, as well.Please contact the school office with any questions.