1. Retirement Fund for Religious: The Retirement for Religious second collection funds the National Religious Retirement Organization (NRRO) which strives to support, educate and assist religious institutes in the United States to care for their elderly and frail members now and in the future. This collection is schedule to be taken up the weekend of December 9th, 2018.
2. 2019 Calendar: The 2018 parish calendars are available for you in the back of the church. Please pick up one calendar per family. Thank you.
3. Angel Tree: PLEASE Sign you Name and Phone Number for EACH ANGEL TAG. Then - purchase the gift ($15-$25), wrap it and attach the Angel Tag. Bring the gift back to church NEXT WEEKEND, PLEASE! The sooner you bring them back -the sooner we can deliver them (before bad weather arrives). Thank you to Joyce, Carmie, Linda, and Lisa for helping call this year. It really helped speed up the preparations! Nancy, chair Angel Tree Committee.
4. Advent Parish Reconciliation & Penance Service: To prepare for Christmas celebration on Sunday December 16th, 2018 from 10:30-11:30 AM, we will have the Advent Penance Service with the sacrament of reconciliation in kid’s playing room at the Hall. For your convenience, we also have reconciliation from 1:00-3:00 PM at church. You are all invited to this service.
5. Winter Weather: In the event of bad weather church service cancellations will be announced on our website at stpeterdesmoines.org and KCCI Channel 8 News.
6. 10th Anniversary: We are going to have a meeting to plan for the 10th Anniversary of St. Peter-Vietnamese Catholic Community. Details to come soon.
7. Holy Family School: Advent services will be held each Monday morning at 8:15 in the school gym during the season of Advent. Families are welcome to attend as we prepare for Christmas. Christmas break is Dec. 14 (12:00 dismissal) – Jan. 2. School will resume on Thursday, January 3. Please make sure you make arrangements for the 12:00 dismissal. A.C.E.S. will be open the afternoon of Dec. 14.