Prayer When Gathering to Meet or Study
May God, the source of all patience and encouragement,
enable us to live in perfect harmony with one another
in the spirit of Christ Jesus.
With one heart and one voice
may we glorify God,
now and forever.
1. World Mission Sunday Collection: World Mission Sunday gather support for the pastoral and evangelizing programs and needs of more than 1,150 mission dioceses in Africa, Asia, the Pacific Islands, and remote regions of Latin America. The funds gathered on World Mission Sunday are distributed in the pope’s name by the Society for the Propagation of the Faith-a Pontifical Mission Society. The U.S. bishops established the Catholic Home Missions Appeal in 1998 to support the missions here in America. The Appeal primarily supports home mission dioceses, that is, those unable to offer their people the basis pastoral ministries of word, worship and service without outside help. It may also give grants to other dioceses for particular projects; and to organizations and religious communities engaged in missionary work. This collection is scheduled to be taken up the weekend of October 23 & 24, 2021.
2. 2021 HOLY FAMILY Christmas Gala: YOU’RE INVITED TO A PRO-LIFE CHRISTMAS GALA ON NOVEMBER 20th! Iowans for LIFE will host a pro-life Christmas Gala, THE HOLY FAMILY, on November 20th at Hy-Vee’s Ron Pearson Center in West Des Moines. The evening consists of cash bar, a delicious dinner, enticing auction items, and sensational Christmas entertainment featuring top talent including Gina Gedler and Tony Valdez. Monsignor Frank Chiodo will speak on the importance of the pro-life movement. Tables of ten/$600; $65/seat. Order online today: IowansforLIFE.org.
3. Anniversary Masses: Join the Diocese of Des Moines as we celebrate the gift of the Sacrament of Marriage! Bishop Joensen will be celebrating three anniversary Masses this fall to pray with, bless and honor couples celebrating milestone anniversaries. Certificates of blessing and reserved seating is available for couples celebrating 1, 10, 25 and 50+ years of marriage. A light reception will follow the Mass. Times and Locations:
· Saturday, October 30th, 4 PM at St. Ambrose Cathedral, Des Moines, IA
· Sunday, November 7th, 11:30 AM at St. Anne Catholic Church, Logan, IA
· Sunday November 13th, 5 PM at St. Mary Catholic Church, Red Oak, IA
To register call Catholic Gearhart at 515-237-5004.